***AVAILABLE FROM AUGUST***
Sports Massage Therapy and Myofascial Release (MFR) at G&S Fitness.
Sports Massage is a deep tissue treatment which has a huge range of benefits including;
- Releasing muscular tension
- Aid recovery from an injury
- Quicker recovery from muscular fatigue
- Can help headaches/migraines
- Can ease sciatica
- Ease everyday aches and pains
Does it hurt?
Most people will experience some discomfort, but never above an agreed level of pain.
Muscles can pull on the skeletal system if they are too tight, strong or weak. This can cause structures (like the spine) to deal with excess load in a bad position, causing pain. I can release the tight muscle, which lets the body resume its natural position.
Home care exercises will be given if muscles are weak, not working properly and not pulling their weight.
Myofascial Release (MFR) is a complex, gentle yet extremely effective form of bodywork. It involves the therapist applying light and sustained pressure into the myofascial tissue for a period of time.
This allows the tissue which could be causing restrictions and affecting other areas of the body to ‘unwind’. Standard tests such as X-rays, CAT scans etc don’t show myofascial restrictions, so unexplained pains could be caused by Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS).
Some benefits of MFR include;
- Same benefits stated for sports massage
- Ease of MPS
- Emotional release
- Physiological dysfunction improvement
- Knock on effect from ‘unwinding’ – E.G. shoulder impingement could be causing ‘Carpel Tunnel Syndrome’ type symptoms. Fix the shoulder, fix the symptom.
Treatment Prices – No rush to use the blocks, just book when you need to*
|Sports Massage and Myofascial Release||Prices|
|Single 50 Minute Treatment||£35|
|Block of 5 Treatments||£150|
|Block of 10 Treatments||£280|
* Subject to a 24 hour cancellation/rescheduling period. 12 month period to use block bookings.
For more information call Luke on 07772678545
Or visit his personal website: http://northdevonfitnessandmassage.co.uk/